Open Access Resources
Frequent Asked Questions
Currently there is no online registration provided, please visit the library for registration. You are required to bring your passport size photo size 2 x 2 inches (51 mm), registration number and university identification card.
Only one book for 7 days (Loan Period) (inclusive weekends). CDs, DVDs and journals are issued for 3 days.
- Late returns: Tshs 2,000 per day.
- Late returns on recalled books (requested by another borrower): Tshs 5,000 per day
Yo can log in to the library system and check the outstanding books, and thats where you can see your book due date. Kindly notye that you will need the username and password.
You will be required to physically visit a library for renew. All items can be renewed except for the following:
- Items that have been requested by another borrower
- Items that are short term loan i.e. marked 24 hour
- Items from the Reserve Collection
- Items from Serials Collection i.e. journals, newspapers, government publications
Library Management System provides a single search for all items which are available in the library.
Location Symbols are the letters preceding the numbers on Library materials’ Shelf Numbers. These symbols stand for specific Shelf, Collections, and sometimes the format of the material as well.
To access the online resources off the campus, you need to open library website/webpage under library resources open eResources (off campus) then login by your credentials.
Connect with Us
Nelson mandela African institution
of Science and technology
Tel: 027 297 0007